Manages the daily purchasing activities and associated buying group. Is responsible for all direct materials purchases to meet MRP demand and local facility MRO/indirect purchases. Will coordinate with Global Supply Chain to ensure the strategic sourcing plan and initiatives are achieved. In addition to managing the purchasing department, the Purchasing Manager will coordinate all capital purchases for the North American Facilities.
- It is every BPM, Inc. Employee’s responsibility to be aware of and work with Belvac's current documented Quality Management System as it pertains to their job requirements.
- Manages all direct materials purchases and local indirect materials/MRO purchases.
- Ensures that MRP requisitions are reviewed, analyzed and acted upon on timely basis to meet production/assembly and spares requirements, along with achieving Inventory Turns goal.
- Personally coordinates the purchasing of high dollar value/impact commodities.
- Negotiates and purchases all capital equipment for Belvac’s North American Facilities.
- Coordinates all logistics activities required for the importation of product from offshore suppliers.
- Develops and maintains department KPI’s along with establishing employee development programs.
- Manage established supplier KanBan/Replenishment systems, consignment programs and vendor stocking programs.
- Participates in supplier negotiations for direct materials as needed.
- Works with the Global Supply Chain group to ensure annual cost savings targets are met and purchases are in line with the sourcing strategy.
- Support and coordinate timely receiving and accounting problems.
- Ensures all buyers in the company perform in accordance with the sourcing strategy and required training is in place to maintain a single company wide purchasing policy.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the general purchasing process to ensure standardized procedures are adhered to.
- Strong analysis and computer skills are required.
- The ability to create programs, monitor performance, and report results of activities to Management is required. This position is required to maintain all professional business standards as defined by NAPM, and keep Manager informed/trained of professional expectations within the Purchasing function to assure conformance throughout the organization.
- Understands and uses Inventory, Manufacturing, Engineering and Financial systems currently in use by BPM.
- Maintain and Train all ISO documentation and associated training, within the Purchasing Function.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business
- M.B.A. a plus.
- NAPM certification as C.P.M.
- Minimum 8 years experience as Senior Buyer/Planner or NAPM equivalent.
- Familiar with the manufacturing of machined and fabricated components.
- GD&T training.
- International Sourcing, with a focus on China, India, Europe and South America.
- Understanding of import/export requirements associated with customs and transportation
Qualified, interested applicants should apply in writing to Human Resources. You must have completed a minimum of 6 months in your current assignment to be eligible to apply. Job posting applications may be obtained from HR.