Is responsible for daily review of MRP requirements and purchase order placement to ensure product is available to meet production and shipping schedules. Provides information and support to Manufacturing, Production Control/Planning, Sales and Engineering. Provides direction through scheduling manufacturing and assembly areas and out-source decisions both short and long term to assure deliveries are met.
- Responsible for on-time delivery of all purchase orders placed.
- Acts as liaison between Vendor and Belvac.
- Responsible for disposition and return/disposal fo E&O Purchase Parts under buyer code.
- Expedites orders to meet changing needs in delivery requirements.
- Assures Vendor visits and all associated contacts within the company, as related to the Purchasing function, are within the scope of professiona business, and within the Belvac Ethics Policy, as defined.
- Monitor, report, and coordinate requirements for materials, outsourcing, and balance flow to assure throughput to maintain schedules.
- MRP analysis, work order creation and distribution, and capable of consolidation of orders.
- A firm understanding of basic production control/planning (MRP,CRP) is a requirement.
- Responsible for timely distribution and research necessary, with follow through for all ECO's received, and add/delete reactions. Expected to provide cost impact and inventory impact of add/deletes, as well as recommendations for disposal and back-up for proper scrap disbursement.
- The ability to create programs, monitor performance, and report results of activities to Manager is required.
- Understands and uses Inventory, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Financial systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Business or related business degree
- APICS or SCM certification a plus
- 2-5 years purchasing experience
- Minimum 2 years experience buying/planning machined components and/or sheet metal/fabricated components
Qualified, interested applicants should apply in writing to Human Resources. You must have completed a minimum of 6 months in your current assignment to be eligible to apply. Job posting applications may be obtained from HR.