Position Title: Value Engineering Specialist
Labor Grade: E11
Responsible for the design/engineering of projects of the highest order of difficulty/complexity. Responsible for project direction from initial concept to final prototype test & validation. Performs diversified machine design and engineering functions on new or major improvements/adaptations to existing machines.
Number Direct Reports: (0)
Budgetary Responsibilities (current year): N/A
- It is every BPM, Inc. Employee’s responsibility to be aware of and work with Belvac’s current documented Quality Management System as it pertains to their job requirements.
- Assist the Manager, Standard Product Engineering, or his/her designee in the evaluation, re-design and testing of existing product lines with a focus on cost reduction and enhanced performance.
- Assist the Manager, Standard Product Engineering or his/her designee in the design, engineering and testing of Prototype and/or experimental machines.
- Responsible for project planning, design of bar charts and updates, design reviews, design verifications and coordinating activities with cross-functional departments as necessary to execute duties efficiently, especially during trouble-shooting.
- Responsible for design output in the form of BOM’s and drawings to Belvac standards and the requirements of QP4.1 (Stage Gate Process).
- Exercises the highest degree of diligence and skill in the executing of his/her duties
- Prevalent activities in performance of duties are:
- Coordination and organization of work
- Preparation of layouts
- Provide necessary calculations
- Direct the efforts of drafters and technicians as necessary
- Ensure testing is undertaken in a scientific manner and results/data collected and recorded.
- Provide technical documentation
- Provide customer assistance and field-testing as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Assist in the continuous process improvement and issue of Belvac’s standard product machine line.
- Other duties as assigned.
Principal Working Relationship: Manager, Standard Product Engineering, Engineering Personnel, Customers, Manufacturing/Assembly Personnel, Sales and Marketing Personnel, Service Personnel
Reports To: Manager, Standard Product Engineering
Coordinates activities with:
- All Engineering Personnel
- Manufacturing/Assembly Personnel
- Sales and Marketing Personnel
- Service Personnel
Education: Must have a BSME, or substantial experience in Machine Design.
- Eight year experience in Engineering field, preferably in machine manufacturing of high speed machinery.
- Experienced in using LEAN, Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and similar tools.
- Experience leading projects specifically focused on reducing product costs.
- Experience using FEA and similar analysis to evaluate designs and material selections.
- Must be proficient in Solid Modeling - Preferably AutoDesk Inventor or Equivalent Solid Model Package (e.g. Solid Works), ISO 9001 and ANSI Y14.5 1994 (or later).
- Must have good technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of using typical Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of CE (European Safety Standards) is a plus.