Belvac is the world leader in the design and production of continuous motion rotary machinery. We provide beverage canmakers with high-speed trimming, necking, base reprofiling and reforming, shaping, bottom rim coating, flanging and inspection technology. Over the years, we have been responsible for numerous advances in canmaking technology. This technology has enabled our customers to steadily increase line speeds and improve quality and productivity, while significantly reducing materials costs.
Belvac was founded in 1962 in Lynchburg Virginia. Philosophies of quality, pride, craftsmanship, and work ethic set extremely high standards and quickly drove Belvac to become the world leader in its industry revolutionizing many manufacturing processes. For over forty years Belvac has turned innovative ideas into world class machinery. Serving both the Can Making and Plastics industry.
In 1962 Alphonse Stroobants, a Belgian immigrant opened the doors of Belgium Tool and Die in Lynchburg, Va., a business specializing in high quality precision machining. He founded this business with the old world philosophies of quality, work ethic, pride, and craftsmanship as well as new world entrepreneurial spirit. That rare combination of assets provided the foundation that allowed the company to convert innovative ideas into production machines which have revolutionized the can making industry.
In 1975, the introduction of an advanced rotary can cutting machine enabled Belgium Tool and Die to capture a world-wide market and make the transition to Belvac Production Machinery. Success with this product established Belvac’s creditability, allowing it, in 1978, to expand into related machinery markets with the development of a bottom coating machine. In 1982 Belvac bought the Colorado division of Irvin Industries, which was the established manufacture of a necking machine licensed from Coors. Belvac then applied its extremely high standards and innovative improvements to the original Irvin design. The resulting Belvac Necker set production standards world-wide.
Today Belvac is a part of the Dover Corporation (NYSE-DOV). Dover is diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $8 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for 60 years, our team of over 27,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchnage under "DOV." Additional information is available at www.dovercorporation.com.
- A global provider of solutions that generate value to manufacturers, brand owners and consumers through a broad based market driven approach in the development of all our products and services
- An integrator of solutions that drive value throughout the industries affected by the products produced by our machinery, intellectual property and innovative concepts
- An organization benchmarked by our fellow suppliers, competitors and core customers for our quality, performance, service and technology in the markets in which we compete
- A leader in utilizing world class Business Operating Systems
- An organization with a work environment dedicated to continuous improvement in quality, performance and social responsibility
- An environment dedicated to employee creativity through empowerment
As a result, Belvac shall increase customer success, employee satisfaction, and shareholder wealth.
Basic Beliefs Statements
- We will provide high quality products and service in a timely manner
- We will continuously invest in improving our Human Resources, Products, and Processes
- We will be the best that can be in our selected markets
- We will not compromise customer or employee safety
- We will recognize our customers’ needs, and our dependence on them, and thereby strive to exceed their expectations
We will be …
- Honest and trustworthy in all our relationships
- Reliable in carrying out assignments and responsibilities
- Truthful and accurate in what we say and write
- Cooperative and constructive in our treatment of fellow employees, customers, and all other persons
- Law abiding in all our activities
- Committed to accomplishing all tasks in a superior way
- Economical in utilizing company resources
- Dedicated to service in our company and to improvement of the quality of life in the world in which we live
The delivery of defect free products, services and information that meet customer requirements through continuous improvement of our quality management system.
Belvac’s Machines are designed to favorably contribute to the ecological and environmental needs of the world. For example, the Belvac Necker reduces the amount of organic material needed for each can. Belvac’s Base Reformer is designed to save between 10% and 20% of the raw material required to produce a can without sacrificing its structural integrity. Because of the speed and efficiency of all Belvac Machines less power is consumed per can produced. The very nature of the can is eminently recyclable, by means of both scrap reclamation in production and post consumer recycling.
The Transparency in Supply Chains Act is the result of California Legislature's finding that efforts to address the market for good and products tainted by slavery and trafficking have been lacking (Sen. Bill No. 657, &2, subd. (f).) As a result, the Act represents the State of California's intent to ensure that large retailers and manufacturers provide consumers with information regarding their efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from their supply chains. The disclosures must be prominently displayed. The Act requires covered retail sellers and manufacturers to post disclosures on their website "with a conspicuous and easily understood link to the required information placed on the business' homepage." The three documents posted below represents Belvac Production Machinery, Inc's compliance with this requirement.